Summer Institute FAQs
- Returners (or advanced participants) who are applying for both a reading and writing institute
- Early applicants (those who apply soon after the application is released, around the end of February)
- Teachers who have demonstrated a commitment to our work and who function as lead-teachers or mentor teachers to others
- Teachers in schools that receive on-site professional development from one or more of our staff developers Building and district administrators
- Students or teachers who are taking the institute for Teachers College graduate credits (3 or more credits) International applicants
Included in all registration fees is a $75 non-refundable application and processing fee. Accepted applicants who withdraw before the deadline will be charged this fee. Those who withdraw after the deadline will be charged the entire institute fee.
The 14-day payment deadline does not apply to graduate credit applicants, as payment is due directly to Teachers College. Students of Teachers College will find the course numbers available for summer classes under the class directory. Please note that registration will be available via the TC Portal beginning April 30. Non-Teachers College students (upon acceptance) will need to complete the non-degree application found below and will be able to register via registration tools beginning April 30.
Barnes & Noble at Columbia University
2922 Broadway at 115th Street
Open Mon-Fri 9am-9pm, Sat-Sun 11am- 6pm
Bank Street Bookstore
Broadway and 112th Street
Open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat-Sun 10am-8pm
Book Culture on Broadway
Open Mon-Fri 9am-11pm, Saturday 10am-11pm, Sunday 10am-10pm
536 West 112th Street Between Broadway and Amsterdam
Open Mon-Fri 9am-10pm, Sat 10am-8pm, Sun 11am-7pm
More Helpful Tidbits…
Services for Participants with Disabilities
Individuals with disabilities are invited to request reasonable accommodations including, but not limited to sign language interpretation, Braille or large print materials, and a campus map of accessible features. Address these requests to the Office of Access and Services for Individuals with Disabilities at (212) 678-3689 or email@example.com, or Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services at (212) 678-3853 V/TTY or firstname.lastname@example.org. While every attempt will be made to fulfill all requests for reasonable accommodations regardless of when these requests are made, making requests two weeks prior to the date of the event will ensure that accommodations will be provided.